Being Forgiven... No Matter What...

As I sat there on the floor I felt like my world had been turned upside down. I was mad at myself for what I had done and thought my chances of ever recovering were over. I was 16 years old and didn’t know where to go from there. I felt alone and afraid. I knew with my current behaviors I would never be able to live with my Father in Heaven again which brought even more sorrow. 
As I humbled myself in prayer I cried out to my Father asking what I should do? How I could become clean? I was reminded of the blessings we have been given from the Savior. He wants to forgive us. He wants to take our burdens; he wants to make them light. As we do this we are promised God’s kingdom. In Matthew 3:2 it says, “…Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” 
I have seen repentance work mighty miracles in my life. I have felt the burdens lifted especially as I repent and forgive those in my family. I have felt my burdens become light. I have felt the Savior physically remove them and become clean again. 
I found this Message that talks about the amazing blessings of repentance. 


How does one repent? First, we must recognize our short comings and admit that we have done something wrong. We need to then feel sorry for it and humble ourselves before our Father in Heaven. We need to forsake out sin and stop doing it. We confess it to the Lord and then we make it right to anyone we have wronged. As we follow these steps we can be forgiven.

I am grateful for repentance and forgiveness in my family. Each and every day I have the opportunity to be better than I was the day before. I have the opportunity to be forgiven of my short temper at times and my becoming offended easily. I have the chance to love more fully each day by those who have wronged me as well. If we carry burdens with our family members or others in that case we need to let them go, we need to allow the Savior to take our burdens so that we can be free of the bondage we carry because of them. How I love that we can forgive and repent of all our mistakes!


I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know he loves me and he loves you. I know he is waiting to remove our burdens from us and make them light. I know our Father in Heaven wants to give us all the gifts he has when we return home to him after this life. It is through our Savior and the gift of repentance that this can and does happen. I know that it is not just for me, but for everyone. I know everyone can become clean if you reach out to him! I know he loves you no matter what the sin; he wants to help you. Let him help you! I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts