My Dad, my Hero!

This is my dad. He has always been there for me. Through my childhood I remember him working long hours for very little pay just to provide for us so that mom could stay home with us. I remember regardless of how much work he had to do he was always at our sporting games. You could count on him to be right next to my mom in the bleachers. He was present in our lives. He supported us and cared for us in all our triumphs, our joys, and our struggles. Although at times his testimony wavered in the gospel he always presided over our home with love and taught us the things of the gospel. He provided love, he taught us and gave direction to us. He taught us to work hard. I remember hauling sticks around the yard for hours to the burn pile throughout the year so we could have a nice home and learn the value of hard work. I remember the endless jobs of weeding and watering. He taught me many of the skills that I still know today, don't cut corners, do the job right the first time, and many other skills needed in life.
Most of all he protected us. He protected us from the evils of the world, by being steadfast and immovable in his decisions that he made. He did not waiver in his decisions he made, no meant no. He made sure that we were safe and we were making good choices. He let us have free agency, but he also taught us that things were wrong too. When we were all getting married he tried to protect us and make sure that who we were marrying would protect us, love us, and cherish us. When I needed him most when I went through my divorce he was there, protecting me, providing love for me, and presided over me when I needed him too.
A dad's job never ends. It is not something you just stop doing one day. My dad will always be there for me when I need him to be. He is an amazing strong member of the church and a great example to me and my kids. I love my dad and will always be eternally grateful for his example to us.

Comments

Popular Posts