Destined...

     I guess you could say that I was destined to be a step mom! No, I did not have grand plans as a little girl growing up and saving the world with marrying someone who already had kids, it just sort of happened that way. In fact ,I blame karma! I remember meeting my first husband (more on this later) for the first time. We will call him Bill. When I met him I knew he had kids, two boys and I knew that I would never marry him, because I was going to marry someone who was never married before. Well, the first time we met I yelled at him and I told him EXACTLY what I thought about him being married and then divorced and how could he possibly do this to his kids?! Then, I left. Thinking I would never ever see him again. Well, my conscience spoke to me and I called him and apologized and we met at Jamba Juice and the rest is history; well... at least our dating part! We were married for 9 years to the day when it was time to part ways. I was no longer a step mom, but the lessons I learned were so valuable. 
     After our divorce I knew in my heart that I needed someone that loved me more than life itself. I found the man of my dreams, who just happened to have already been married. After a year of dating we were married and we blended my 2 boys and his daughter and became a blended family. I was a step mom again! We have been married for 3 1/2 years. Life has been fun, exciting, and challenging. It has had its ups and downs, more ups than downs. But the things that I have learned and continue to learn are priceless. 
     My hope in this blog is to inspire, to help, to teach, and to edify. When I became a step mom I had no clue! I thought that life would just magically be perfect! Boy was I wrong! It is hard and I wished there was help along the way... That's where this blog comes in. I hope to help you. I hope to inspire you. I hope to advocate for you! I hope that I can teach you what I wish I would have known! Together we can make a difference! Together We can change the stereotypes of step moms and blended families! Let the journey begin! 

Comments

Popular Posts