Oreo Cupcakes

So tonight is our church's trunk or treat... We are having a cupcake walk so... I volunteered to make cupcakes. I chose to make Oreo Cupcakes. Now! I am just going to say it... Homemade cupcakes take only a few minutes longer to make and they are waaaaaay better! So with that being said. Here are the most amazing Oreo cupcakes in my opinion! Let me know what you think!
Chocolate Oreo Cupcake Recipe:

1st place an oreo at the bottom of each (16 total) cupcake liner... Yes! You will bake it and it is so yummy! It stays crunchy!












In a large bowl (I use and abuse my Kitchen Aid) mix together:

1 1/3 cups of flour
1/2 t. baking soda
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 cup of cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon of salt
3 Tablespoons of butter, soften it up
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 eggs (I used organic, in no means do you have to, just what I had)
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla (I love vanilla)
1 cup of milk

Mix this up really good! Take half the Oreos you have left from the package and throw them in the batter. I just throw them in whole and let my Kitchen Aid do all the work... If you are using a hand mixer or mixing by hand chunk them up first.

Fill the muffin liners 3/4 of the way full and cook at 350 degrees for about 17 minutes. You know they are done when you insert a tooth pick and it comes out clean.

Now it is time to frost!

Oreo Cream Cheese Frosting (you might want to double if you like a lot of frosting and it is soooo good!)

4 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
5 Tablespoons of butter room temperature
         If I am pulling the cream cheese and butter out of the fridge I usually microwave it for about      20-30 seconds first... Seems to work fine that way.
2 cups of powder sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
1-2 teaspoons of milk

Mix all this together and make sure it is the consistency you like. If it is too thin add more powder sugar, if it is too thick add milk.
Then, add the rest of the Oreos from your package.... Crunch them up really good. I let it mix for 2-3 minutes.

Now it's time to frost your cupcake! You can garnish with mini Oreos... I didn't have any so I just was happy with this! Happy Baking!






Comments

Popular Posts